Thursday 3 February 2011

The next few weeks......

I am blogging again so soon because I don't think, once we leave Dar, that we will have the regular internet connection that we have here. For those of you interested in following my journey (and have a map of Tanzania to hand or know East Africa)we are going north to Moshi next. It is near Kilimanjaro so hope we'll get a glimpse if nothing else. Then south again to Dodoma, the capital (anyone surprised here? I thought Dar was as well!!). From there we go up to the North West to Shinanga and then back directly south to Mafinga. I am exhausted at the thought of it but it is very exciting! At each place we are doing INSET with teachers as well as some student sessions on motivation and study skills (colleagues - help!)

The above takes us up to the end of this month then for the last 3 weeks or so we shall be in Kenya. First in Nairobi and then up to the north to a place called Korr near Marsabit. Once back in April I shall definitely need a rest!!

There is so much I could tell you but it will have to wait til later......I need to get on preparing the sessions on learning styles and interactive teaching methods that I am delivering. Zelma is doing preparation and planning so I feel I've drawn the longer straw there! Angela and Pat, I could really do with you here to help. I want to, so much, model the methods we are encouraging the teachers to use so having to be quite creative.

Talk to you all again. Hoping to get to Zanzibar before we start journeying so will make you all jealous after that!

No comments:

Post a Comment